Careers at AP
Medical Home Care Coordinator
The Medical Home Care Coordinator (MHCC) works in a collaborative relationship with other members of the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) team at Amherst Pediatrics to improve delivery of comprehensive, cost-effective patient and family-centered care. The MHCC enhances patient care as a care coordinator, patient and family advocate, and quality improvement facilitator for the patients of Amherst Pediatrics. The MHCC plays a pivotal role in facilitating medical and behavioral health maintenance, disease prevention, chronic disease management, and the clinical evaluation of medical, behavioral and psychosocial needs for the patients and families of our Medical Home. The MHCC is responsible for monitoring and closing clinical gaps in care and ensuring smooth transitions of care.
Position Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Prefer degree in a health related field, or RN/LPN with experience in a healthcare setting. Professional healthcare license preferred.
- Three to five years of clinical experience preferred, preferably with a focus in disease or case management. Clinical experience working with a pediatric population is preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills required.
- Proficiency with the use of computer technology such as Microsoft Office and Excel required. Familiarity with electronic medical record systems preferred.
- Ability to function independently and prioritize effectively.
- Driver's license required.
Work Hours: 40 hrs per week (full-time)
Salary: commensurate experience
Job Type: Full-time
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]