Posts for tag: Summer Meals Nutrition Free
Summer is here and that means a lot of kids are not getting their daily breakfast, lunch, andsnacks at school. This added cost can be a burden for some families. Luckily there are a lot of towns and schools that offer free meals for kids under age 18:
Amherst Survival Center SUMMER BOOST: Families with school-age children will receive extra food per child from the Pantry (the equivalent of nine additional meals), in their June, July and August distributions. In addition, families can also come to the Amherst Survival Center for food from these Center programs:
- Lunch Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from noon-1pm,
- Light supper on Thursdays from 5-6pm, and
- Get fresh produce from 11am-3pm on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday, and from 11am to 7pm on Thursday.
The Amherst Pelham Regional School District is participating in the Summer Food Service Program. Meals will be provided to all children without charge. Meals will be provided at the sites and times as follows:
- Meadowbrook Apartments - Meal Service Time: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM 491 Bridge Rd, Florence, MA 01062
Greenfield Public Schools The “Eat 4 Free” Program: From June 26-August 18 at six different sites. Kids will be able to get free meals Monday through Friday, every workday of the summer aside from July 4. Free breakfast will run from 8 to 9 a.m. and free lunch will go from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The sites in Greenfield include:
- Greenfield YMCA
- Greenfield Gardens
- Oak Courts
- Greenfield High School
- Leyden Woods
- The Green River Swimming and Recreation Area
In addition to these sites, kids can also get free lunch at the Greenfield Farmers Market from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturdays, running from July 1 to Aug. 12. Special to this year, there will be several incentives for kids to eat breakfast through the program, including the chance to win a bicycle.
Gill-Montague School District: Seven locations throughout the summer for breakfast, lunch, or a snack. There is no enrollment or cost to participate.
- Turners Falls High School Cafeteria: Bfst 8:30-9am; Lunch 11:30-12:30pm (Mon-Thurs,7/5-8/10)
- Sheffield Elementary School Cafeteria: Bfst 8:30-9am; Lunch 11:30-12:30pm (Mon-Thurs; 7/10-8/10)
- Unity Park Field House: Bfst 8:30-9am; Lunch 11:30-12:30pm (Mon-Friday; 7/3-8/18)
- Highland Park, Miller s Falls: Lunch Only 12:00-12:30pm (Mon-Friday; 7/10-8/10)
- The Brick House Community Resource Center, Turners Falls: Lunch Only 11:30-12:30pm (Mon-Thurs 7/5-8/17)
- Erving Elementary School: Bfst 8:30-9am; Lunch 12-1:00pm (Mon-Friday 7/5-8/18)
- Carnegie Library: Snack 3:30-4:30; (Tuesday’s 7/11-8/15)