May 13, 2020
It is truly hard to believe that two months have past since we added this COVID-19 response page to our web site. The world looks very different today than it did way back then, and fortunately some things have remained the same. Amherst Pediatrics continues to work hard adapting to the ever changing landscape with the goal of providing the best care possible to our wonderful families and community. We are proud of our amazing staff, which has learned to adjust to these necessary changes and has developed innovative ways to keep our patients safe while adapting and streamlining processes to optimize care. And we are so very grateful to you, our amazing familes, who have also adapted to these changes and have been so understanding of our "growing pains" in the process.
Throughout the course of the pandemic, Amherst Pediatrics has kept in close contact with the Massachusetts DPH as well as our local hospitals and other public health experts to remain at the cutting edge of the most up-to-date guidelines and recommendations. As a member of the Boston Children's Hospital network, we are also in constant contact with some of the world's leading experts on pediatric infectious disease and the COVID-19 pandemic. While the news bombards us with a dizzying amount of information that seems to change hourly, we assure you that the care you receive at Amherst Pediatrics will always be of the highest quality and based on the most current, science-based evidence.
Keeping you safe in our office
As discussed below, most of our visits are being conducted virtually. However, while we are making every effort to keep you home, there may be some occasions for which an in-office visit is most approprate. Please be assured that Amherst Pediatrics takes your safety extremely seriously, and we have put work-flows in place to make sure your in-office visit is as safe and stress-free as possible.
- Physical distancing: Floor markers have been placed throughout our office reminding people to keep a safe distance from others.
- Mandatory mask policy: Anyone under 2 years of age entering our office is required to wear an appropriate face covering over their mouth and nose at all times. There are no exceptions to this policy. If for some reason you do not have an appropriate face covering, please call our front desk upon arrival and a staff member will meet you at your vehicle to provide you with one.
- Provider use of PPE: Our providers always wear N-95 masks, eye protection, and gloves when interacting with patients. Providers come to work wearing a clean set of hospital scrubs or office-only clothing.
- Meticulous cleaning: Our office is cleaned meticuloulsy on an ongoing basis. All exam rooms, clinical-use surfaces, and equipment are disinfected after each and every use.
- Managed appointment times: Appointments are scheduled so that well-vists and illness-related vists occur during different times of the day.
- Strict precautions for respiratory and COVID-19 patients: Patients we believe may have COVID-19 are typically directed to appropriate outside facilities for testing and/or evaluation. Any patients we see with respiratory illness or who are thought to possibly have COVID-19 are seen outside of our office in a rear parking lot. For these encounters, our providers take all appropriate precautions, including the use of full PPE.
In-Office Well Care Visits
Because many children have understandably been kept home over the past couple of months, many have fallen behind on receiving vitally important immunizations. Becasue of this, and based on current recommednations, we are requesting that all children and adolescents who are due for well care visits and are in need of immunizations be scheduled for in-office well-care visits. If you or your child is due for a check-up and is need of immunizations, and you have not already been contacted by our office, please schedule an appointment now through the MyChart - Patient Portal.
In-Office Urgent Care Visits
While we are making every effort to keep you home, there may be some occasions for which an in-office visit is best. If you think you or your child may need to be seen in our office, or are unsure if an in-office or virtual evaluation is more appropriate, please send us a message with your concern through the MyChart - Patient Portal so we can help determine the best way for us to help you.
Amherst Pediatrics continues to make every effort possible to keep you safe at home during this unprecedented time. To that end, we have successfully implemented telemedicine or Virtual Visits for many types of appointments. These visits may be scheduled through the MyChart - Patient Portal. Please see the Virtual Visit page for more information about scheduling and participating in a Virtual Visit.
- Virtual Well Care: We are successfully conducting modified check-ups through our integrated Zoom video interface. These well-care visits are being scheduled for patients of any age who are not due for immunizations and who do not have another specific need to be seen in-person in our office.
- Virtual Urgent Care: Many illnesses or other concerns can be managed through Virtual Visits rather than through typical in-office visits. If you are unsure whether your particular concern is suitable for a Virtual Visit, please send us a message through the MyChart - Patient Portal and we will determine which type of visit is most appropriate for your particular concern.
- Virtual Follow-up Care: Many of our patients require regular, routine follow-up care to manage chronic issues such as asthma, diabetes, eczema, acne, and ADHD. These visits are exprementy important to make sure your condition is being managed appropriately and to reassess any medications you may be taking. If you or your child is due for a routine follow-up visit, please schedule one now through MyChart. The typical recommended timeline for these follow-ups varies, so please check with us if you are unsure when you need to be seen back.
- Virtual Behavioral Health Care: Regular follow-up care for behavioral health issues is extremely important. If you are in need of a follow-up visit, please schedule one now. Again, if you are uncertain whether you are due for a follow-up, please send us a message through the MyChart - Patient Portal and we will be happy to assist you.